[Wolves] E-mail

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Wed Jun 23 16:15:18 BST 2004

Rob Annable said:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:01:06 +0100 (BST), Stuart Langridge
> <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:
>
>> And beautiful doesn't interest me in an interface; usable interests
>> me...
>
> Is beauty and usability mutually exclusive? If so, I gonna give in right
> now.

I knew someone was going to pick me up on that.

It is my experience, cynical though it may be, that something which is
described as "beautiful" hasn't had much attention paid to usability.
Moreover, what I said above was pretty much true; I'm a lot more
interested in usability than beauty. Of course, this most certainly does
not preclude me from liking an interface which is both usable *and*
beautiful, but usable alone will do, whereas beauty alone will not.

Aq.