[Wolves] E-mail

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Wed Jun 23 17:34:18 BST 2004

Peter Cannon said:
>> > Moreover, what I said above was pretty much true; I'm a lot more
>> > interested in usability than beauty. Of course, this most certainly
>> does
>> > not preclude me from liking an interface which is both usable *and*
>> > beautiful, but usable alone will do, whereas beauty alone will not.
>
> In that case Linux is not for you! it strikes me no matter what flavour
> you
> use be Debian, Gentoo, Slackware there will be problems it dont like this
> sound card, this network dont work, you need to recompile blah blah blah.

Very true. As Churchill once pointed out, in "Winston on Operating
Systems"[1], Linux is the worst system out there except for all the
others.

I'm not for one moment going to deny that Linux has its problems. It is,
however, above the rest of the pack, and that's why I use it.

Aq.

[1] well, he might have been talking about democracy