[Wolves] Digital Radio

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Jun 24 09:33:01 BST 2004

The artist formally known as Andy Wootton was heard to say...

> I've had a TV for so long now that I had forgotten the day the man from
> Customs and Excise visited and refused to accept that not having a TV
> was a believable reason for not having a TV licence. I later considered
> getting one just for watching videos but was advised that you have to be
> able to demonstrate that you could not possibly ever use the TV to
> receive a signal to be exempt from requiring a licence i.e.you were
> required to prove your innocence.

I had a similar problem when the tv detector van man refused to accept I
had a black and white tv (because I had a black and white licence) and no
video (which technically contains a colour recever and needs a colour
licence).  He told me 'nobody in there right minds under 30 would have a
b&w tv in the 1990's'.

I let the bloke in and showed him my black and white portable and no video
recorder and he decided that my colour monitor must be cabable of
recieving tv pictures.  I turned it on and asked him to explain how it
does that and when it booted to a linux log in prompt he kept typing 'win'
and told me he knew all about computers ;-)

It was 1995 and I must be the first person in the country to f**k with the
minds of the tv detector van guys by showing them linux ;-)  Slackware is
good for something afterall ;-)

> Woo

sparkes