[Wolves] E-mail

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 10:00:01 BST 2004

On Thursday 24 Jun 2004 09:05, sparkes wrote:

> now who's got the shoe fetish, cobblers indeed.  The apple professional
> mouse is a thing of beauty, it also fits in almost every bodies hand due
> to it's nice size, and (with a single button interface) it is very
> servicable.  The MacOS is a single button application and so are almost
> all the apps that run on it so this mouse is perfect in almost everyway
> for that system.

I rest my case! This so called beautiful mouse is only good for MAC so
actually it is useless because it has no ability to migrate to other systems.

If I read the original post correctly what was being said was why cant we have
FUNCTIONALITY (You know something thats works! I know thats a controversial
idea) you don't have to piss around with it, it does what its supposed to do,
plus it LOOKS GOOD.

This is what everyone wants, good looks & will clean your pipes out!
Nobody cares about those who say "I don't mind what it looks like so long as
it works" those types generally turn out to be list police who have nothing
better to do than sit in the wings waiting to swoop on any infraction just to
prove what clever git's they are.

> It's bollocks under linux so you have to have an ugly
> and possibly less comfortable mouse for linux.

Wrong again I'm sure someone with your wealth of knowledge could write some
drivers for it?

Actually the whole concept of this DEBATE has been lost I saw something on the
Fedora-LUG that might help.

For those who purchase a Linux product; They have every right to complain and
as a CUSTOMER deserve to have their product work!

For those who have downloaded a FREE give away Linux product you have no right
to complain!

The idea of free software is so that you can contribute I.e find a fix, create
an add on, write a help file or create eye candy even just helping someone is
contributing ultimately so that the product can be sold.

Linux has the biggest R&D (Research and Development) department in the world
you and I are all members we are helping to create a saleable product you
might not agree with that theory but I'm afraid its true.

Red Hat openly admit that Fedora is their research arm and other distro's take
from the community as well even the holy grail Debian contributes to (maybe
unwittingly) the ultimate goal of SALEABLE PRODUCT.

So to finish off the answer is YES we do want functionality combined with good
looks anything else is just a load of old shoe menders ;-)

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"