[Wolves] Editing config file

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Thu Jun 24 10:21:57 BST 2004

Mo Awkati said:
> I need some help. I am trying to install plugins for
> Digikam. I unpacked the plugins package ok. when I ran
> ./configure I got error message saying that imlib 1.X
> is not installed. I installed imlib-1.9.10 as the
> message suggests and ran the ./configure and again got
> the error message. So I come to the conclusion that
> the plugins ./configure is not finding the
> imlib.config where its expecting it, I know where it
> is: usr/local/bin. I looked at the plugins
> configure.in file and below is a copy of the file.

Jono's point is well taken: if you try ./configure --help, it should give
you a big list of options you can pass to configure to tell it where stuff
is. Looking at the configure script, I suspect that one of the options you
will get will be "--with-imlib-config", which defines where the file
"imlib-config" lives.

On a more important point, I am surprised that your distribution (are you
a RedHat person? I forget) doesn't provide imlib for you, rather than you
installing it yourself in /usr/local. If you're a Debian (or Knoppix, or
similar) user, then try "apt-get install libimlib1-dev". If you're a
RedHat/SuSE user, hopefully someone else on the list will explain how to
get and install your distribution's version of this library.

Aq.