[Wolves] Editing config file

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 10:38:04 BST 2004

> Jono's point is well taken: if you try ./configure
> --help, it should give
> you a big list of options you can pass to configure
> to tell it where stuff
> is. Looking at the configure script, I suspect that
> one of the options you
> will get will be "--with-imlib-config", which
> defines where the file
> "imlib-config" lives.
>
> On a more important point, I am surprised that your
> distribution (are you
> a RedHat person? I forget) doesn't provide imlib for
> you, rather than you
> installing it yourself in /usr/local. If you're a
> Debian (or Knoppix, or
> similar) user, then try "apt-get install
> libimlib1-dev". If you're a
> RedHat/SuSE user, hopefully someone else on the list
> will explain how to
> get and install your distribution's version of this
> library.
>
> Aq.

I am using SUSE 9.0 pro. I installed imlib.config from
YAST. imlib was installed but when I searched through
YAST it also listed an updated version imlib2 and it
said that the two libs couls coexist. Installed imlib2
when I got the first error message hoping that as it
is a more updated version it could reslove the issue,
but when I installed it YAST removed imlib!and I
couldn't get YAST to installed for me again so I had
to do it from the command line.

I tried ./configure --help and I got no such file or
directory??

Mo