[Wolves] Editing config file

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Thu Jun 24 10:45:16 BST 2004

Hi,

> I am using SUSE 9.0 pro. I installed imlib.config from
> YAST. imlib was installed but when I searched through
> YAST it also listed an updated version imlib2 and it
> said that the two libs couls coexist. Installed imlib2
> when I got the first error message hoping that as it
> is a more updated version it could reslove the issue,
> but when I installed it YAST removed imlib!and I
> couldn't get YAST to installed for me again so I had
> to do it from the command line.

You can often have libraries co-existing - dependent software such as a
photo manager just uses the latest version. There can sometimes be
issues where the older version is being accessed and the new version is
ignored, but it seems your problem here is because imlib has its
knickers in a knot.

> I tried ./configure --help and I got no such file or
> directory??

Go into the Digikam source directory and run:

	make dist-clean

If that doesn't work, try:

	make clean

Then run:

	make -f Makefile.cvs

Then try:

	./configure

	Jono
--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer