[Wolves] E-mail

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 11:56:38 BST 2004

On Thursday 24 Jun 2004 10:41, sparkes wrote:

> if you would choose form over function there is no saving you ;-)

I want, no DEMAND both!

Next time you buy say an ornament take a look at the bottom if its rough and
nasty then the piece is nasty that is because the creator was lazy they took
the view no one sees the bottom so why work on it. The same can be said for
software I installed that Copydisk4 yesterday at my customer bearing in mind
I made over £2000.00 on the deal the software to create the covers for the
disks was OK but the installer GUI looked like a four year old had created it
as did the base program given that this machine cost around £3000.00 you
would expect something better.

By the same token just because something has a gorgeous front end doesn't mean
that it is any good.

Give me one good reason why an application cannot have some nice eye candy?
will it detract from the functionality? I don't think so, in fact I would
have thought it would make you use it more because it looks good or is fun to
watch.

As a last example I quoted a company a couple of years back for three web
servers they were a good deal and they placed the order subject to a site
visit to our premises to see the stupid things working (Huh?) when they came
they were not happy "We cant see anything happening" (Aye?) 20 minutes later
installed some LED lights "Cor thats fantastic when can you install"

I've said this before WE BUY WITH OUR EYES.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"