[Wolves] E-mail

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Thu Jun 24 17:25:29 BST 2004

Hi,

> Now you are turning things around again.  I am argueing FOR usability.
> Usability is a scientific princple of how usable an item is.  The original
> arguement was usable interfaces are more important that beautiful ones and
> I stand by that.  I enjoy the fact that usable interfaces are normally the
> ones that it is easy to make sexy with a little eyecandy but it takes a
> hell of a lot of expensive engineering to make a sexy interface usable if
> that was not a concern during development.

Usability is the most important thing, as sparkes says. Beauty has its
place, and beauty often appeals to people who love beautiful things, but
often the beauty gets sacrificed when real work has to be done. How many
of you have installed WindowBlinds to have nice themes on Windows and
then turned it off because it gets in the way.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer