[Wolves] E-mail

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 01:05:47 BST 2004

On Thursday 24 Jun 2004 22:54, Ron Wellsted wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 21:21, Adam Sweet wrote:
> > Yes I have to admit though the Office Assistant is
> > entirely pointless and wholly irritating, I do
> > occsionally turn it on and amuse myself with the
> > Professor by continually selecting "Animate!" over and
> > over again.
> >
> > </pointless non-Linux chatter>
>
> I always wanted to get to the API and have an animated Tux coming up
> with statements like "Linux is better"

If anyone wants to give it a try, the Microsoft Agent Character Editor ("ACE")
is available at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c21be0ec-1712-427d-a43d-94c122ef8eb6&displaylang=en

Didn't some American politician who was trying to win the "techie vote"
suggest that Open Source developers write "assistants" or something equally
inane for Linux? Can't remember who though... Representing one of the
Southern states I think?

James