[Wolves] sudoers file

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Fri Jun 25 12:06:11 BST 2004

SimonB wrote:
> Hiya,
> I'm looking through my sudoers file and i'm trying to set flags in it, i
> know it can be done as i read man sudoers several times now, but it
> doesnt  tell me hwo to implement these flags.
> I dont mean things like 'sudo -v', but more like say i want to switch on
> the mail_no_user flag in the /etc/sudoers file.
> I'm a basic sudoer, i much rather stick to 'su -c', but as times change
> so do my needs, heh.
> Does anyone know how to set such flags? as im clueless. :(

Defaults[@{Host}|:{User}|>{RunasUser}] <Parameter> <value>

For instance, to turn insults on for all defaults the entry would be:

Defaults insults

...and that's it.  :)

I'm just bothered by the fact that the command 'sudo su' works.

I just modified a file with user/group as root/root and permissions 440
as my own username after doing that.

Disturbing as it means the root password means squat diddly if someone
finds out my user password, at least with the default settings.  I guess
that's why the sudoers file exists and the other checks are in place -
at least you can tighten security if you want to.  If mail_no_user is
actually the flag you want to set(presumably to off - it's on by
default) I'd advise against it for that reason.

--
Dan
Removing sudo now - it's /already/ been on this system too long...