[Wolves] sudoers file

SimonB simonb at geek-web.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 12:16:26 BST 2004

Old Dan wrote:

> Defaults[@{Host}|:{User}|>{RunasUser}] <Parameter> <value>
>
> For instance, to turn insults on for all defaults the entry would be:
>
> Defaults insults
>
> ...and that's it.  :)
>
> I'm just bothered by the fact that the command 'sudo su' works.
>
> I just modified a file with user/group as root/root and permissions 440
> as my own username after doing that.

Thanks for that insults was what i was after, but i feared for sounding
lame for saying hence why i said mail_no_user.

Im working with sudo at the momment cuz anyone who logons on using a
network id on a mac can run sudo, which isnt good, lol. Luckily no-one
knows about even root with the macs at the momment.

> Disturbing as it means the root password means squat diddly if someone
> finds out my user password, at least with the default settings.  I guess
> that's why the sudoers file exists and the other checks are in place -
> at least you can tighten security if you want to.  If mail_no_user is
> actually the flag you want to set(presumably to off - it's on by
> default) I'd advise against it for that reason.

Yeah theres a flag to stop people form doing 'sudo su' its on by default
here, but this is a mac, it wont let me even go 'shutdown -k now', which
disappoint me i like playing with the users like that lol, or sshing and
putting there machine into rulevel 6, lol. BSOH (i save their work for
them first, im not that evil.

Thanks,
Simon