[Wolves] Birmingham.pm Tech Meet - Wed 30th June

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 17:31:03 BST 2004

Hi Folks,

I know this coincides with your next meeting, but just in case a few on the list aren't going, but are in Brum, and would like to come and see some cool mail stuff, I thought I'd let you know about it.

Our technical meeting is next Wednesday, 30th June at the offices of Questions Publishing. See the website (in the sig) for details of how to get there. It starts at 7.30pm and will likely finish about 9pm.

  Qpsmtpd - The Perl SMTP Server
  Matt Sergeant, Senior Anti-Spam Technologist, MessageLabs Ltd.

  This talk covers the SMTP server that receives mail for perl.org and mysql.org.
  Qpsmtpd is the mod_perl of SMTP servers. It offers ultimate flexibility in
  receiving and processing email. Sergeant explores the design of Qpsmtpd, how the
  plugin system works, and how to write a plugin of your own.

Matt was also developer of SpamAssassin before NAI decided to get their mitts on it, forcing him to stop contributing. He is also responsible for AxKit, an XML based presentation system and webserver.

BTW we have decided our next social meeting, which will coincide with your meeting on July 14th, will also be at The Standard. We enjoyed your company so much last time, we're coming back for more :)

Cheers,
Barbie.

--
Barbie (@missbarbell.co.uk) | Birmingham Perl Mongers user group | http://birmingham.pm.org/