[Wolves] Domains, hosting and possible web devel work

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 11:54:57 BST 2004

On Monday 28 Jun 2004 11:24, Adam Sweet wrote:

> Hi all, as I've probably mentioned a few times, my
> best mate is setting up a T-shirt company and needs to
> get a website and probably email up in the next week
> or 2.
>
> First thing, who would you recommend for registration
> and hosting? He's living pretty much hand to mouth at
> the mo, so low cost is imperitive. 1&1 are very cheap
> but I hear bad things about their support, is it
> survivable? Can people recommend someone better?

Hmm I would have given you a price but you put me off with the "Living hand to
mouth" line.

Without being disrespectful to you or your friend it strikes me as a little
like Champagne tastes Lemonade pockets.

We charge £120.00 per year for Web Site Hosting there are lots of add on
services but these come at additional costs. we tend to be more expensive
than other ISP's but then in our defence we only have business users so no
little Timmy Smith downloading Playstation games (Just me downloading
Fedora/Suse stuff -LOL) we are based in Cannock so you would get 'local'
support.

I take it your friend has a domain name? Is it parked? Why is he not going
with the people it is parked with?

If he has not got a domain name will he want one? we charge £50 for .co.uk and
£80.00 for .com (disgusting ain't it?)

We could set him up now with a centro-webnet.co.uk/mr-tee-shirt address he
site would be up within 10 minutes (so long as you have the site on disk) I
realise this will be too pricey but thought you/others might be interested.

We don't do Web design but I know a man that can.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"