[Wolves] Domains, hosting and possible web devel work

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at bcs.org.uk
Mon Jun 28 22:42:30 BST 2004

Adam Sweet wrote:

>Hi all, as I've probably mentioned a few times, my
>best mate is setting up a T-shirt company and needs to
>get a website and probably email up in the next week
>or 2.
>
>First thing, who would you recommend for registration
>and hosting? He's living pretty much hand to mouth at
>the mo, so low cost is imperitive. 1&1 are very cheap
>but I hear bad things about their support, is it
>survivable? Can people recommend someone better?
>
>The next thing is there may be some web devel work in
>it for someone. He already has someone in mind, but if
>anyone wants to discuss what he wants with him and are
>demonstrably better than the other guy, then they may
>get the gig. The Prince's Trust are paying for this
>(within reason), so if anyone wants to tender for it,
>mail me off list.
>
>He's looking at something pretty quick immediately,
>but something more dynamic and eye-catching reasonably
>soon, with an on-line ordering process being the
>ultimate goal.
>
>Any help gratefully recieved.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ad
>
>=====

I've just renewed my domain name registration with easily.co.uk £10 for
2 years. They do domain and email forwarding for a number (10?) of
addresses. I've never needed to talk to anyone because everything
happens online. I don't do anything sophisticated so there may be
drawbacks that I'm unaware of so everyone please feel free to shoot me
down. They have just started web-hosting too but I know nothing about that.

UKlinux.net would be another place I would look for hosting. They were
my ISP for a couple of years but were slow to offer a broadband service
so I moved on. Obviously, a week later...

Woo