[Wolves] Domains, hosting and possible web devel work

Rob Annable rob.annable at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 23:46:25 BST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:24:15 +0100 (BST), Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all, as I've probably mentioned a few times, my
> best mate is setting up a T-shirt company and needs to
> get a website and probably email up in the next week
> or 2.
>
> First thing, who would you recommend for registration
> and hosting? He's living pretty much hand to mouth at
> the mo, so low cost is imperitive. 1&1 are very cheap
> but I hear bad things about their support, is it
> survivable? Can people recommend someone better?

I'm sure I've mentioned these guys on the list before, but I think
it's worth repeating.

I use

http://www.ukwebsolutionsdirect.com/

I get

£10 + VAT for 2 years of .co.uk

£28 + VAT gets me 200Mb, 6Gb of bandwidth, 2 MySQL databases, 4
sub-domains and a very good web interface for controlling it all.
Full details here:

http://www.ukwebsolutionsdirect.com/webhosting.php

I've been using them for about 3 months now and over the course of
about 6 tech support queries they've responded to me in minutes every
time. So far I am much impressed.

Rob
--
http://rob.annable.co.uk