[Wolves] Webcams

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 09:47:37 BST 2004

--- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

> Here you go young fella me lad
>
> http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/

Yeah I have one of those and theres a kernel module
for it. You have to select Video 4 Linux and then it's
option becomes available later on. I had it working
and it surprised me. I was able to view it in XawTV I
think it was.

I think there are also some compression routines and
colour management stuff for it, but it got too
complicated for me the last time I looked at it. It
worked without them though. Couldn't get it to work
with Gnome Meeting and it's not currently working at
all, but I'm not arsed enough to start sorting it out.

Ad

=====
--

http://www.drinky.org.uk