[Wolves] X 4.4.0 & some other problem

Simon Burke its_simon_burke at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 16:25:12 GMT 2004

Hiya,

I just updated X to xfree86 4.4.0 and with the nv driver it is noticeably
faster with 2D on my machine, though that¹s prolly cuz:
'The 2D acceleration for TNT and GeForce has been completely rewritten and
its performance should be substantially improved.'

Also talking of X, wonder if anyone can help me, I must be doing something
wrong with my config because whenever I leave X, im left with a garbled
console and I'm locked to that one console. It's been happening since I put
2.6.3 kernel in. I'm pretty certain that I didn't mess up the kernel config
though.