[Wolves] Top Posting

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Sun Mar 7 13:11:05 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 09:47, Matthew Revell wrote:
> Ron Wellsted wrote:
>
> > A: Because it's hard to read.
> >
> > Q: Why is top-posting discouraged?
> >

> Again, I'll post my view that the issue isn't top or bottom posting but
> indiscriminate trimming of quoted material. To me, posting *below* a
> load of quoted message is harder to read than posting above a load of
> quoted material.

the answer is in Rons post.  Right above the question ;-) I think you
might have missed that subtule example of why top posting is wrong.

using this message as an example you would have read my answer then had
to read below it to see what I am refering to.  Hence top posting is
wrong and should be discouraged.

Inline quoting is far better in almost every situation.

sparkes