[Wolves] Networking tutorials

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 17:35:57 GMT 2004

 --- Ron Wellsted <ron at wellsted.org.uk> wrote:
<snip>
> Here are the topics I am proposing to cover:
>
> The basics:
> Hardware, IP Addressing, Basic Diagnostics
>
> Services:
> DNS and DHCP servers
> NIS and NFS Servers
> Samba & Windows
> Postfix/Cyrus IMAP/amavis (email)
> Leafnode (nntp/usenet)
> Wireless networking
> Firewalls
> VPNs
>
> Maybe covered if anyone is really interested:
> OpenLDAP
> Kerberos (Heimdal)
>
> Any suggestions, Additions, Deletions?
>
> Anyone prepared to contribute is very welcome to do
> so.

As per my comments on the Samba/webdav thread, this
all sounds great to me. It's something I'm looking at
this very moment, from a personal point of view and
with my final year uni project coming up. I'm thinking
of trying to produce a drop in replacement for Windows
servers, ie more than just Samba.

I'd like to think I'll be capable of producing an SME
standard IT solution based on Linux in the next year
or so. That is http, mail, DNS ,Samba, NFS, print, AV
for Windows viruses etc. I might also be looking at
remote X, thin-clients and diskless booting.

Heh, note, I am in no position to be demonstrating
this kind of stuff just yet, nor will I for some time
to come, though perhaps I will at some point.

Ad

=====
--

http://www.drinky.org.uk