[Wolves] VOIP

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 18:44:08 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 10 Mar 2004 12:14 pm, fr0st wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 12:11, Matthew Revell wrote:

> > Can anyone recommend a VOIP service that runs off hardware or Linux
> > compatible software, that connects to normal phones and is cheap?
>
> There is an australian company, erm openpbx I think.. But you need their
> hardware.. For fones I used SNOM which is german.

I think you're refering to VoiceTronix (www.voicetronix.com.au). Their
products are good, but are designed more for multi-user business applications
rather than single-user VOIP. I've used VoiceTronix products to implement
call logging, interactive voice response and a voice over IP gateway for a
PBX.

As other people have already suggested, GnomeMeeting should do the job for
PC-to-PC communication. You shouldn't need a hardware-based solution unless
you're linking with a PSTN/PBX, handling a large number of simultaneous
conversations or similar.

James