[Wolves] DVD ReWriters

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Fri Mar 12 20:25:28 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 10:16, Matthew Revell wrote:
> Howdy guys,
>
> In the next couple of months, I'm going to buy a DVD ReWriter. I've had
> a look around the web and have found that some drives won't write to all
> media and, of course, there's the + or - issues.
>
> So, does anyone here have any experience of a decent DVD ReWriter that
> works under Linux, does both + and -, writes to all media and is
> reasonably priced?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt.

I have not tried it under linux but the Sony model I have at the office works
fine on a standard ATAPI (IDE) interface.  It supports CD-R, CD-RW and
DVD+/-R/RW .

I have found DVD-R/RW media to be about 25-30% cheaper than DVD+R/RW
The Panasonic is also well spoken of.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk