[Wolves] Preferences in Mozilla

Kat Goodwin kat at codepoets.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 13:19:57 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I have a problem which someone may or may not be able to help me with.
The scenario is:

We have a WAN of computers running a slightly tinkered with debian
distribution:
 - They use a package server that we run to keep things up to date.
 - I've just set up a mail server and webmail, and now they need to be
able to run this.
 - They all have mozilla installed but many people will not have run it.

We need to be able to:
 - set a default homepage for everyone
 - set the mime types so that they cannot directly open openoffice documents

I know there is a file in default/pref where I can change the homepage for
people who have not already started up mozilla, but I am presuming that it
would not affect people who have already run mozilla once... (am I right?)

I know where the mime types are set up in the .mozilla dir, but am unsure
how I could set up default behaviour for new users.

Unfortunately, I think this is a case of a little knowledge causing a lot
of problems :-) - I don't really know what I am doing but I have read bits
and bobs!

Any help/suggestions welcome, all ridicule tolerated.

Kat