[Wolves] Off-topic: Worst web hosting website in the UK

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Tue Mar 16 17:28:08 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 17:09, Kat Goodwin wrote:
> >> Ive got some big felt pens we could use for the re-design?
> > brilliant, I was gonna dazzle them with my wordart experience but if you
> > have any big felt tips I can really excel ;-)
>
> Wordart.  The be all and end all of computing for 90% of children under 12
> (not counting games consoles).  Ugh. Having said that, I have seen primary
> children produce better looking word docs than that site.

I taught a bunch of HND students Web development with php and mysql (it
was two years ago so this bloke is out in the world of work with a
degree now) and one of them showed me his VB project (that he was well
proud of) and it was full of wordart ;-)

I said if any of that ends up on your project I will find a reason to
fail you ;-) it was then he showed me the work he got a B for in the
HTML and Javascript classes and it was full of word art.  At this point
I was enlightened, I would never cut it in further education ;-)

> Kat

sparkes