[Wolves] West Midlands Open Source support

Rob Annable rob at annable.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 22:55:26 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 10:17, Peter Cannon wrote:

> I thought University's were for teaching not competitive business
> ventures?

The whole of UCE is one big competitive business venture. I've spent 10 years
there. Formerly studying, latterly a little teaching. I've watched the school
of architecture fall apart because of underfunding from UCE Inc. It's history
outlives UCE and most of the other colleges/schools in Birmingham; but it
doesn't bring in sufficient fees to be of interest to the UCE accountants...

I'm gonna stop before I start getting bitter.

I know one of the guys involved with this project. He once criticised me at a
party about some web site design I did. What made it worse was that the
bastard was right. If we think it could be of any use to us I could get in
touch.

Rob
--
http://eversion.freeshell.net/no2self