[Wolves] Much difference between 4.5v and 5v?

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 09:20:28 GMT 2004

sparkes wrote:

> What you will need is one of the larger multi voltage adaptors.  That is
> unless you can find a decent replacement without going the multi voltage
> way.

I've been in touch with the company that makes them, or at least makes
something that looks very similar. They've said they'll sell me a
replacement for 9.50. However, I'm not sure if my router itself is
buggered, so I dunno if I wanna waste a tenner on an adaptor, just to
find out the router is dead anyway. I'm inclined just to buy a new
router, which I know is kinda perverse as it means I'd definitely have
to spend forty or so quid, but if I buy the adaptor then a new router,
that's fifty quid :)

> Oh and when I say larger they are larger the simple pound shop
> jobby might have the push but hasn't got the width and I here that is
> the story of your life ;-)

Haha! :)

> In fact I
> believe I already owned it and had previously used it on a portable tv
> so that shows to kind of thing you might be looking at.

Well, the adaptor I've tried is a multi-voltage thing from Dixons, that
was powering some speakers. That, like I say, tho', doesn't seem to do
the job.

This question may have already been answered but I wanna make sure
before I splash out ten quid on a new adaptor :) Is it possible that the
leds on my router would all light up with the wrong amp rating? They
don't normally all light up. Or is it just that my router is dead, as
well as me having lost the adaptor? I suppose I'm just going to have to
suck it and see.

--

Cheers,

Matthew Revell.