[Wolves] SQL problem

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Wed Mar 17 11:37:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 11:16, Simon Burke wrote:
> On 17/3/04 11:01 am, "sparkes" <sparkes at phreaker.net> wrote:

> >> True true, the only problem we have is that data needs to e interchangeake
> >> between the both, so we need the ability to translate between the two,
> > I think you misunderstood Chris' answer.
> >
> > What was suggested was the data table contains the english and welsh
> > text along with the data associtated with it.  This way you can grab
> > either the english or welsh (or even both if you want) whenever you
> > select data from the table.
> >
> > sparkes
> >

> Ahh. Oakies. In that case, then the problem is simply that there are both
> english and welsh users and they both input in their own language, but we
> need the ability of say the english to access the welsh data but read it in
> english, and vice versa
now that's more difficult afaik all the english>welsh translation
software works on a word to word basis so won't give good translations.

You could scrape the results of http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran/
but as they are a selling a commercial product they might get pissed off
with you.

I am willing to write a script to do this for you for a very reasonable
amount if this project needs this functionality.  I can deliver it this
afternoon ;-)

sparkes