[Wolves] Thunderbird

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Wed Mar 17 12:09:51 GMT 2004

sparkes wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 11:44, Old Dan wrote:
>>>Jennie uses Thunderbird on XP and says she has no problems.  But
>>>considering she was using Outlook and Incredimail before this that's not
>>>saying alot ;-)
>>
>>Incredimail?
>>INCREDIMAIL?
>>Ick.  'We own the copyright on every piece of mail you send using our
>>mail client'.
>>
>>All your ideas are belong to them.
>
> I did warn her and disconnected her machine from my network (and she
> pays for the bandwidth at the mo) until she removed it and promised to
> never to do it again.
>
> On a related note she changed her IM client the other day and said 'I
> picked Jabber so you would help me if it goes wrong' ;-)
>
> The strange thing is she uses Linux with the same ease as she uses
> Windows.  I just can't get her ditch windows on her new machine because
> she hates the fact she can't play games until a couple of months after
> release.  That's what we brought a bloody ps2 for!
Yeah well the truth is that at home I have 3 machines plus a laptop, 2
machines and the laptop are linux-only (firewall-to-be, server and alarm
clock(*) respectively) but the third machine spends pretty much all of
it's time in XP because I like playing games, and you just can't get
most of the games I play (C&C: Generals, Morrowind, Halo etc) for Linux.
  Last time I looked Transgaming wasn't up to playing any of those.

Sad fact of life I'm afraid.  The market isn't up to making Linux all
that good as a games platform just yet.  :(

--
Dan
(*) xmms.  Well, OK, it /is/ a lot more than /just/ that...  :)