[Wolves] SQL problem

Kat Goodwin kat at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 12:36:11 GMT 2004

> Simon Burke wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've been assigned the task of making a db on SQL server 2000. Does
>> anyone
>> know how I can make the actual data viewable in several languages, (ie
>> english/welsh)?? I thought of linking databases for each language for
>> some
>> of the vaules that get repeated a lot, but im not sure on the rest.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Simon

I would agree with David and suggest that maybe its not neccessarily an
issue to be resolved in sql, unless they are entering data in various
languages (and I have to admit, I'm not entirely sure about the purpose of
your application)

Anyway, python has a nice module called gettext which, if you are not
wanting to translate user entered data, could be useful.

http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-gettext.html

I don't know much about it, I just spotted it when browsing the docs.

Kat