[Wolves] Mouse in the house

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Wed Mar 17 18:13:42 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 16:33, rob at annable.co.uk wrote:
> My knuckles are about to sieze up. I need a better mouse (currently
> using a mini optical with my laptop) that has some quality ergonomics.
> I do A LOT of work on CAD and use the scroll wheel extensively.
>
> What's everyone else's weapon of choice?
>
> Anybody ever use a trackball?
your thumb will fall off ;-)

I suffer from arthritus (and have since I was about 14) I got this as a
result of doing karate, typing and playing the guitar.  For at least ten
years I was always doing one of these if I wasn't doing anything
biological.  If wireless had been invented then I am pretty sure I
wouldn't claws by now.

I have a laptop that has a pad and a little pointer thing and I my
desktop I have a mouse and a wacom pad.  I find that having more than
one pointer device on each machine helps a lot.

if you have a trackball your thumb will be moving in unatural positions
all day and your finger will still be doing the wheel mouse thing ;-) so
in effect you will be worse.  If you do a lot of CAD try a graphics
tablet (the graphire range is real quality for the price) this is a far
more natural position for your hand but makes swapping between typing
and mouse work more difficult.  For graphical work I find it unbeatable.

> Rob
sparkes