[Wolves] Suse

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 19:18:51 GMT 2004

 --- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote: >
<snip>
> Going back to what I said about things working when
> they shouldn't any
> idea why when I create symbolic links (in fact all
> the symbolic links on
> my Fedora distro) the file gets created but says it
> no longer exists?
> weird eh? yet Fedora seems to work OK sorry to chuck
> another problem
> into the pot.

Sorry Peter, can't advise on Fedora or SUSE as I don't
use either, but as for the symbolic link thing, you
need to be a bit more specific.

How are you creating your symlinks, in a gui (which
one?) or on the command line? What do they point to?
Which file do you mean, the link or the target? What
says the file no longer exists? ie the gui or the
command line? Can you verify that the files on either
end exist using either the CLI or a GUI file manager,
the symlink and the target that is? If you're using
the command line, double-check the ln man page to make
sure you're using it correctly (I always get the link
and the target the wrong way round).

Can't say I can help here, but more info might help
the problem come to light. If it works then don't
worry about it too much, it might just be a quirk or
fault, like Mandrake always says that the checksum is
invalid when you download updates using their update
tool.

Good to hear you're better by the way :)

Ad

=====
--

http://www.drinky.org.uk