[Wolves] Fire hazard?

Simon Burke its_simon_burke at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 19 09:33:24 GMT 2004

On 19/3/04 9:07 am, "Matthew Revell" <wolveslug at understated.co.uk> wrote:

> Soon, I'll have at least two machines (server and Smoothwall box)
> running all the time. Now, I'm worried that Lyne will think it's a fire
> hazard, particularly if we go away.
>
> Loads of people in here run a machine or two permanently: what's your
> experience? I'm sure we'd have heard if you'd had a massive fire, but do
> you have any tips to reduce the likelihood of such things?
I'm probably not the person who should even try to answer this as im the one
that runs thing directly out the box, ie  (motherboard still in original box
with a good ole Rage pro gfx card in and 512 mem, the hdd was in the
original box, right nxt to it, and the CDRW was just on the floor infront of
them both, it surprisingly enougth didn¹t really get that hot, but still.

Anyway, as far as I  know they should be fine as they are, and most recent
mobo's have the bios stuff that turns ur machine off if it gets too hot. I
had a kewl mobo once, it was a asus bought it for 120 and it spoke to you,
it wans tvery clear what it said but it could speak in this robotic womans
voice was pretty neat.