[Wolves] DynDNS

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Fri Mar 19 11:27:54 GMT 2004

Matthew Revell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know many of you run DynDNS type services, so I was wondering if you
> could recommend one. I'm looking at ZoneEdit (free even for your own
> domains) or DynDNS.org ($24.95 a year, for your own domains). ZoneEdit
> reserve the right to charge, tho'.
>
> My firewall/router and, by the look of it Smoothwall, have support for
> DynDNS services. Does this mean it has support for DynDNS.org or is
> there a DynDNS protocal, that many services use?

Yes - you can choose between the different services with smoothie.

Note though that before version 2.0 final it used a 'firmware' version
which (I believe) coincided with the version from that cisco router
thingie which had the security issue (remember that?) and so is ignored
by dyndns.org now.

--
Dan