[Wolves] Fire hazard?

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Fri Mar 19 13:51:29 GMT 2004

Rob Annable spoo'd forth:
> We might as well cover this topic from all angles.  For the pessimists out
> there who are planning to house the equivalent of Kennedy Space Centre in a
> single room, you could give some thought to protection if there was a fire.
>
> Under the building regulations,TWO layers of 12.5mm plasterboard skimmed with
> plaster, is deemed to provide 30 minutes of protection. Combine this with a
> fire closer on the door, some intumescent paint on the inside face and a
> smoke alarm; and you should have ample time to escape if your machine starts
> to cook. Whether or not the fire service get there in time to save the house
> and the rest of your street, is out of my hands.

Are you nuts? Two layers of plasterboard? Do you know what a pain in
the arse it is to dry-line a room? I'm certainly not doing it twice :)

Gotta love the word "intumescent", but only because it's like
"detumescent", and that's only funny because, like "flaccid", it has a
reasonably wide meaning but people only use it in reference to penises
:)

> My Professional Indemnity insurance broker would probably like me to point out
> that I'm merely suggesting how to briefly contain a fire once lit - not
> prevent it in the first place.
>
> Burn baby, burn. Distro inferno.

Stop that! I am at work here. It looks unprofessional when I laugh out
loud :)

Aq.

--
Hov ghajbe'bogh ram rur pegh ghajbe'bogh jaj
(A day without secrets is like a night without stars)