[Wolves] Linux networking basics

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Sun Mar 21 18:54:21 GMT 2004

Howdy all,

In the past, I've only ever networked a Linux machine (Red Hat) with a
Windows machine.

Now, I'm planning to network two Debian machines, with a possible WinXP
machine (may become Debian, if I can get my wireless card running under
Linux), in the future.

What's the best way for me to do this? All in Samba? Also, can anyone
point me to some introductory, easy-to-understand Linux networking
tutorials, as everything seems pretty scarey at the moment.

Under Red Hat, networking seemed easier than under Debian. Apt sorting out
all the depencies is bloody cool, tho', so I think I'm gonna stick with
Debian.

Morphix install has worked beautifully; cheers Aq and Sparkes.

--

Matthew Revell