[Wolves] Debian config tools

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 10:46:40 GMT 2004

David Goodwin wrote:

> I tried SuSe on my desktop (8 or 9?) once, but couldn't find many
> packages out on the web for it; therefore I moved back to Slackware, as
> if I'm going to have to compile stuff I might as well do it without
> worrying about rpm being in the way, and I do at least know where to get
> packages for Slackware from.

Last time I tried SuSe was 7.x and a couple - if not more - years ago.
It seemed good at the time but then I switched to Red Hat.

I've tried loads of the so-called friendlier distros. Mandrake seemed
okay but a bit rough round the edges. Lycoris was out of date but
pretty. I had a go with Gentoo, as well, but I'm really the sort of
person who wants to *use* a computer, these days. I enjoy the odd bit of
fiddling (no comments Aq) but I have so little free time, at the moment,
I'd rather get things working in as easy a manner as possible.

Can't remember what else I tried but, in the end, there was loads of
stuff out there that could be easily added to Red Hat, so I stuck with that.

--

Cheers,

Matthew Revell.

www.contentpeople.info - for web writers and editors