[Wolves] More on Debian installers

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Tue Mar 23 00:47:27 GMT 2004

Just got a new HDD for my (very old) laptop. So I'm installing Debian
on it, through the medium of the excellent Feather Linux
(http://featherlinux.berlios.de/). It's a tiny Knoppix: like Damn
Small Linux, but better. And the HD installer works really well;
sets up users for you and whatnot. Total bonus. It's also, I think,
more compatible with Debian than DSL is, in that doing an apt-get
update doesn't break the smegger :)

Installation finished (took about 5 mins) -- now rebooting on the
HDD. I can't recommend this enough, unless it now fails to work :)

Five minutes later, it seems to have worked fine, and I'm now
updating packages. This is my new favourite way to install Debian
on older machines: Morphix Gnome is still favourite on newer boxen,
although it's a pretty damned close run thing!

Aq.

--
In 1988 there was the war, and after that there were no more roses. Not
for anybody.