[Wolves] Window managers

fizzy fizzyorguk at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 15:06:36 GMT 2004

 --- Aquarius <aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org> wrote:
> # apt-get remove xlibs
> (removes all X applications)
> # apt-get install blackbox
> # installs window manager, pulls in X as a
> dependency

Sounds good, but what I was worried about is will this
loose my xconfig? The libretto was evil to get working
with X, and this laptop has a weird screen as well, so
I'd rather not have to configure it, esp when knoppix
configured it so very well for me :)

Oh, and if I apt-get install ksamegame will it install
KDE or just KDE libs, as I'd rather not have KDE if I
can help it...

> Once when I was bored I did a very basic Debian
> install (just the base
> console system) and then did "apt-get install
> gnome-stones", just to
> watch it pull in all of X and Gnome as dependencies.
> Worked, too. I
> love Debian. :-)

Can I remove other large blocks of packages easily? At
the moment I'm using some funky knoppix program to
remove them package by package, but it's taking a long
time!

On the plus side (laptop in general rather than
knoppix), netstumbler supports centrino wireless cards
straight off, nice!

> Aq.
fizz

=====