[Wolves] Window managers

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 15:16:13 GMT 2004

Simon Burke wrote:
> I know this is a touchy subject and I don¹t want to start a KDE/GNOME thing,
> I'm just starting to feel alone as I'm still using blackbox. So I'm curious
> if anyone uses anything else other than KDE/GNOME not including consoles
> etc.

Currently using XFCE. Previously I've used gnome (got fed up with it),
tried KDE briefly (but found it too overpowering) and settled with
WindowMaker for most of the time.

XFCE is quite nice - speedy etc - the only annoying part of it is that
it doesn't seem to like a certain JAva application much, and it fails to
render text windows properly (e..g login screen).

David.