[Wolves] Window managers

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Wed Mar 24 18:02:05 GMT 2004

Matthew Revell spoo'd forth:
> Aquarius wrote:
>
>> ROX isn't ready for the world yet. It has the *potential* to be
>> greatness, but at the moment it's dead hacky -- like, say, Project
>> Utopia does and is. Of course, the ROX desktop may never get the
>> critical mass required to *make* it ready.
>
> Can it run all the usual stuff that Gnome or KDE do? When you described
> it to me, it sounded as tho' it wouldn't sit happily alongside another
> DE, thanks to the different way it uses directories.

Nah, that's RoxOS, an operating system based around the ROX Desktop,
not the ROX Desktop itself. That just browses your file system and
doesn't care what it's like. RoxOS is a whole different ball game, an
attempt to reinvent the Unix wheel in a better way...

Aq.

--
UTF-8 has a certain purity in that it equally annoys every nation, and
is nobody's default encoding.