[Wolves] Changing my sources.list to a local mirror

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 14:50:11 GMT 2004

TriG wrote:

>>Ah right. Cheers. I thought I had that but by the looks of it, it may be
>>that the Blueyonder mirror is down.
>

> Basically what you did was tell apt-get to search
> http://www.blueyonder.co.uk for Debian packages. Well thats their home
> page, there won't be any packages there.. It would be like me saying my
> package source is contentpeople.co.uk and it would go there, look in the
> / directory for all the packages in there..

Shit. Did I write "www.blueyonder.co.uk"? That makes me look *really*
stupid. What I actually put in my sources.list was
"http://debian.blueyonder.co.uk" ... which still didn't work but it at
least it doesn't make look *as* stupid :)

> Thanks to Fizzy to clarify the address. I know there are spaces and
> stuff, apt-get works ok with them :) Don't forget to remove the hashes

What's the deal with the spaces? I take it those entries tell apt what
types of package are available at that repository?

> BTW, I just tested and works fine :)

Cool, cheers :)

--

Cheers,