[Wolves] BBC

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 16:43:14 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 16:18, Old Dan wrote:
> .
>
> >> 2)  Please trim your posts.  Thankyou.
> >
> > Now hang on, the complaint is if you don't reply to the original message
> > the thread ie content is lost. Now you are saying cut the mails down so
> > that will mean the crux of the discussion is lost.
> Er no.  Decent email clients (including yours if I'm not mistaken) can
> sort emails into threads based on what is being replied to, in much the
> same way as newsgroup posts are.

Sorry Dan You've lost me here? firstly I'm talking about the body of the
message which is what you asked me to trim! secondly I'm not going to
ponce about putting fifty different filters on my system I have a finger
and a delete button that can achieve all of that.

Keep it clean make it mean.

I only have inbox, LUG and Fedora folders as the main receiving folders.
Once read or replied to any mails, I delete or move them to a saved
items folder. Simple clean and efficient.

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk