[Wolves] off topic- Mac software and OS9

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Thu May 6 09:05:09 BST 2004

I've noticed a few people in here talk about Macs and OS9 operating
system, does anyone know anything about this question?

I have a 1990's printing machine to repair and it has a bespoke computer
operating system which is based on 0S9 which runs its functions - as a
user you can't even get to a command line, its all menu driven.

The operating system is held on a 1Mb ram card, but there is a 3.5"
floppy which can be used for booting from (early models had op system on
one floppy), and later variants had a hard drive

The problem is that although the program is functional, the service and
superviser levels have been password protected and the password lost,
and the manufacturer wants a lot of money for a new copy of the software
to install over the top.

So, if OS9=Mac , is there a Mac 'rescue disk' that I could run on this
system to read the ram card and then hopefully find the password file on
the ram disk and edit it?

Cheers

Wayne

Wayne Morris