[Wolves] Open source solutions to common computer needs

Helen Randle helenr at gmx.co.uk
Thu May 6 20:41:10 BST 2004

Matthew Revell wrote:

> Just to add to that, I think you've raised a very valid point. I reckon
> a few small biz people could come to the Infopoint stalls. Does anyone
> have any suggestions as to what to say about support? I suppose it's a
> case of, "Look, you either want this free software, or you don't."
> Either that, or we want to organisations who do provide Linux support -
> Kat, is this something Clocksoft do?

I work for a *very* small business (5 people in the company!) and although
we're still on XP, I think this may be the sort of contact you might get. We
don't have any IT support, we rely on the knowledge of the employees to
problem solve (I tend to do software, but only because I know a little more
than everyone else - and where to find help on the internet!!). So perhaps
telling them about the vast amount of *free* support available via LUGs,
LinuxQuestions etc would be useful.

Just my thoughts

Helen