[Wolves] The only Linux machine on a Windows network

Jon Farmer jonfarmer at enta.net
Fri May 7 11:40:21 BST 2004

* David Goodwin (david at openminds.co.uk) wrote:

> Shouldn't this should have been shown in the  "ipconfig /all" output ?
> I'd expect there to be another IP address bound to the card.... on the
> same network as the router, but I can't see one...

Well you would have thought so! But this is Microsoft we are talking
about. As far as I am aware there is no other way of talking to a
different subnet on the same NIC without aliasing a new virtual
interface.

One thing that comes to mind is was the ipconfig /all done with
administrator rights? If not it might not be giving the full picture.

Regards

Jon

Jon Farmer
Systems Programmer