[Wolves] Machines running at the Infopoints

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Sat May 8 08:30:19 BST 2004

Peter Oliver spoo'd forth:
> On Thu, 6 May 2004, Aquarius wrote:
>
>> Peter Oliver spoo'd forth:
>> >
>> > I don't know about you, but I've long since grown sick of programs with
>> > supposedly pretty but tiresomely unusable skins.
>>
>> I have a script called "mpl" which starts mplayer (and incidentally
>> disables the screensaver while mplayer is running) which is my default
>> run action for videos from my filer and from Mozilla. Who needs GUIs?
>
> Well, they do make seeking easier.

Left and right arrow keys: 10 second jump. Up and down arrow keys:
1 minute jump. Page up/Page down: 10 minute jump. I appreciate that
you can drag to a specific point with a GUI, but in practice you
can't because the bar isn't long enough: a 200-pixel bar, say,
will only give you about 30 seconds of discrimination :)

Aq.

--
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman had affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room munching pills and