[Wolves] Knoppix Hard disk install

Lee Jordan lists at leejordan.org.uk
Mon May 10 09:35:52 BST 2004

2.6 conked out and seg faulted on me, I'm running 2.4.26 out of ignorance. I
found the best results with either the "debian" and "beginner" install
profile, the "knoppix" profile gave me a system with no passwords set and
KDM logging me in automatically as a demo user.

With Knx3.4 I've had problems getting the right screen res and refresh rate,
gotta love the cheat codes. Few things don't work for me now like TV out,
but my CD writer is working fine, kinda, aort from the file naming and
general file structure .... so on the whole the upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 for
me means I've swaped functionality of a few things for some other things,
still having a problem getting my Nomad Zen going but hey ho let's go.
KDE3.2.2 rocks :)

I hope Klaus releases a bugfix release, on the whole things are great with
3.4 though.