[Wolves] Aq's sig credit

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Tue May 11 11:25:49 BST 2004

Matthew Revell spoo'd forth:
>>>"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman had affected us as
>>>kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room munching pills and
>>>listening to repetitive music."
>>>   -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
>>
>> I read an interiew recently where Marcus Brigstock (stand up comic who works
>> on Radio 4's 'Now Show') claimed this quote as one of his. He also expressed
>> some understandable disappointment that the internet had chinese whispered
>> it and he was no longer cited as the author. It's apparently been attributed
>> to Bill Gates elsewhere.
>
> Marcus Brigstock was the first person I heard to use it. It's the sort
> of thing he would say.

I've certainly heard Brigstock claim that he thought it up.
http://www.strangeattractor.ca/quotes.html says;
 'The above quote is commonly attributed to "Kristian Wilson, CEO of
 Nintendo, 1989," but the CEO of Nintendo from 1950 to the present day
 is Hiroshi Yamauchi. In some of the earlier postings on Usenet, the
 quote is attributed to "Dan Jenkins Server Support BCWA HealthCare",
 and a stand-up comedian named Marcus Brigstock, but the very first time
 it appears on Usenet, on Dec. 12, 2000, it is unattributed.'

Brigstock's claim is at http://www.marcusbrigstocke.com/pacman.asp.

I've been tempted to reattribute the sig a few times, but I can't being
myself to care enough to be bothered. :)

Aq.

--
"The grand plan that is Aquarius proceeds apace"
	   -- Frank Miller, "Ronin"