[Wolves] Editing services

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Tue May 11 22:44:23 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 19:27, Wayne Morris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> up till now i've always used the gui menu to stop and start services and
> this has suited me fine.
> But i've just installed Exim4 and it stops and starts exim in 'basic'
> mode, which doesn't listen for smtp traffic on eth0
> So I need to start exim with some options thus:
> exim -bd -q30m
>
> what do I need to edit to change this?

There should be a file /etc/init.d/exim which is the shell script used
to start and stop exim. Find the actual line which starts it and add the
required options.  There may be a variable set at the begining of the
file (OPTIONS=) or the options may be loaded from a sysconfig file
(/etc/sysconfig/exim ?)

HTH

--
Ron Wellsted