[Wolves] apt-get upgrade

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Wed May 12 15:42:11 BST 2004

fizzy spoo'd forth:
> Second question of the day...
>
> When I do an apt-get upgrade I get...
>
> root at lucky:~# apt-get upgrade
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages have been kept back:
>  iproute libdbi-perl libgtk2.0-0 libldap2 lilo mutt
> ntfstools testdisk unarj
>  vim xawtv-plugins
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 11 not
> upgraded.
>
> I don't won't those packages keeping back. I guess
> this /yet another/ thing that knoppix has decided to
> do for me, how do I stop it doing it?

There are a number of complex ways, and two simple ways. Simple no 1:
do apt-get dist-upgrade, which should solve it. If it doesn't, then
explicitly do apt-get install iproute libdbi-perl etc (list all the
held packages).

Aq.

--
Customisability.  Statefulness.  Upgradability.  Open-sourcedness.
You know, the usual Linux shit.  :)